Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"choo choo"s and m&m's

Love #1: 
We just got a bag of hand-me-down clothes for Liam from Auntie Mindy a couple days ago. I sorted them and proceeded to wash the ones we were keeping. So the clothes ended up in a clean laundry basket today on the floor in our bedroom. Liam loves to help with laundry so he started going through it without me...lol. During this time, he discovered a TRAIN T-SHIRT! It made him so exceedingly happy that he could wear the "choo choo" and take it with him everywhere...even to "night-night" (naptime) where his little toy train is not allowed...I wish you could have seen his beautiful little face beaming with happiness.

Love #2:
Halloween brought the first of many things for Liam. Included in this are...the first time he saw aunt e's body with a monster face attached to it, the first time he got to walk in the street downtown, the first time he ate ANY candy, and the first time he said "thank you", believe it or not (he said thank you at every house we went to when they gave him candy! because he's a sweet sweet boy). Through this a simultaneous love/evil arose...lol. CHOCOLATE! He loves m&m's and hershey bars and reese cups and kit kats. His favorites are the m&m's, which is good only because it's a helpful tool for learning colors. He knows that in order to get the m&m, he has to repeat what color it is (0r as close as he can get). He likes saying 'blue' the best. Now the reason this love for chocolate is evil, is he tends to put up a huge fit every time the chocolate is gone. It's the only thing that makes him act like a complete loony. He's not much of a tantrum child usually....

Actually, what he tends to do when he's upset is to walk away with a scowl on his face and find some inanimate object to hit or a wall to stand facing...he's weird. but on the bright side, he's not hurting anyone, abusing our eardrums, or flailing around on the floor. I suppose there's plenty of time for all of that, though I hope we can avoid the terrible 2 tantrums all together (crossing my fingers). 

I taught myself to crochet online today. I caught on pretty quickly although I didn't have any of the right materials to actually make anything...I need a set of all the sizes of hooks and some different gauges of cotton crochet thread...then I'd be in business. I can't wait! You can never have too many skills afterall.

As for William, he is working, working, working and working. And I appreciate all that working and his devotion to his family. (now if i could only get him to put his dirty clothes in the hamper...lol!)


No comments: