Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Catching up with January


We are playing catch-up with  the month of January on our blog so here goes:

Happy New Year! This is how we watched the ball drop in Times Square, NYC... live online...lol.


This is "happy 3rd wedding anniversary Kori". We went out for a late dinner at Olive Garden...that was where we had our mini-reception after we eloped on New Years Eve 2005.

A snow covered wheel barrow on our front wall.


Liam and Daddy on the "snow train" (that's what Liam calls a sled) after a good snowfall at the top of a hill in our backyard.


...wagon wheels from yesteryear...



cedar trees in tangled vines....i do love this backyard...



Daddy pulling Liam up the hill on the "snow train"...choo choo!



Winter light on the frozen vernal pond in our backyard...oh so beautiful :)



Liam in the snow


All bundled up...



My husband and his handsome face...i love his hat too...so very classic looking.



backyard again...


Liam is trying to walk on his own through the snow but it really doesn't end up working out too well for him...silly boy with little legs :)



...Well maybe if Mommy holds your hand....



How about Mommy justs picks you up...lol



Pretty plant life even in the winter


Attempting walking again...this time on a shoveled path...so the snow isn't nearly as deep and difficult.



Waiting to be undressed so that he can move again....He's so patient.



I know this seems random, but this is the hand-print turkey Liam and I made for thanksgiving this year and I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. So I settled for taking a bunch of pictures to keep instead as they take up much less space than a stuffed paper bag. so 2 months later all that's left of our creation is some photos. I'll get over it, but it was our hands together...



Mommy's big hands underneath and Liam's little hands on top. Liam colored all the hands and put glitter glue on them as well. He's an artist.



Artist boy drawing with chalk on his easel from christmas.



He thinks he can paint on the blackboard...lol. Good thing he didn't get into the paint. That would have been messy.


Hope you enjoyed these assorted January memories... next installment is Liam's birthday party I think...stay tuned :)

2 comments:

Jennifer and Maddy said...

LOVE the pics! you so need to rescue the turkey... you can frame the tail.

Kori Eryn said...

OH! you are so very right! now I'm super sad that I didn't think of framing the tail in the first place :( It's long gone in the westerly dump by now. I was thinking of the turkey all in one piece and keeping seemed silly, its just a bunch of paper...even though i wanted with all my heart to keep it but at the time, my mother's clutter was getting to me and making me feel like i had to throw everything out...to the extreme apparently. we'll have to make another and pretend its thanksgiving to make up for it! lol.