So we opted finally to try our luck with a separate potty more his size. He found a frog-shaped potty at the store a couple of days ago and we all agreed that it was a good investment if we could get it to work. Oh, how we would love not to have to buy diapers for him anymore! It seems like it's working decently, I suppose. There are little handles for him to support himself with and a splash guard in the front (shaped like frog eyes of course...lol). He seems to like it.
The story goes like this:
Liam has had almost 2 full days of "pants-no diaper", as we call it. He has made a puddle in the frog potty one time. The rest of the pee went on the floor in our bedroom and he helped me clean it up every time. Thankfully, I did have the forethought to roll up the rugs in our room before trying this method as to cut down on clean up :) Now this failure vs success rate sounds okay because after all, he is a beginner. However, I am dismayed by the fact that he is not bothered much at all when he pees in his pants and has wetness running down his leg. Supposedly, the discomfort of wetness is enough to convince a child to go in the potty, especially after a couple days. Liam notices the pee, but doesn't say anything and only tip-toes to the bathroom when I notice and point it out to him. Potty training this child is a horror.
His potty is cute though. I'd take a picture but I'm too lazy. You'll just have to take my word for it...it's fisher-price.
Anyway, we're going through sweatpants by the pile every day so far. Each of them in turn getting wet to some extent. Other than that, I think we'll get through it (we have to, right?). It's just uncertain as to how long it may take...I'm feeling the pressure but in the end, I don't think I can rush him on this. He has to figure it out in his own time...I'm just hoping his time is coming very soon because my patience is waning, quickly.

1 comment:
hurry up with the pictures... a frog potty with big eyes is slightly disturbing to me... maddy's is just plain pink
Post a Comment